|“||Don't tell me what to do!||”|
— Snowball, Get to the Top in 500 Steps
Snowball (or SB for short) is a male contestant in Battle for Dream Island.
He was originally on the Squashy Grapes until the Squishy Cherries saved him from elimination in Episode 10. Overall, he ranked 15th in BFDI after being eliminated in Don't Lose Your Marbles, with 47 votes against him. He has a conflict with several different characters, the most notable of which is Golf Ball after she insulted him in Take the Plunge: Part 2. He didn't make it into Battle for Dream Island Again with only 143 votes, the least out of any original contestant along with Pen, David, Bubble, Leafy, Flower, Woody, Blocky, and Eraser.
Snowball appears to be a ball of wet snow.
His body is white, and his outline is gray. In episodes 1-12, he had a smooth shading, while episode 13 and up gave him a more rugged shading, and in IDFB his outline got thinner and his shading was moved to his right side.
- Snowball's lining is thicker.
- Snowball gets a new design.
- Snowball has thinner outlines
- Snowball's shading is moved to his right side.
- Snowball's voice is slightly altered.
Snowball is very competitive and a jock. He is also arrogant, prejudiced, and cocky, believing himself superior to most other people, be it armless people or even members of the opposite gender. Whether or not someone happens to anger him, he can become violent on a whim, and even abusive.
In BFB, Snowball appears to be a bit more friendly, and less arrogant. He still holds his strong and competitive spirit, but is slightly less violent. He still can be pushed, however.
Snowball's first appearance in the series was in Take the Plunge: Part 1, where he is seen hang-gliding, and he almost has a mid-air collision with Woody. He then proceeds to crash into a mountaintop. He starts to walk down the mountain, only to come across a sleeping Rocky, who he wakes up, and once he talked to him, he throws Rocky off the mountain. He later reappears alongside Pen, Eraser, and Blocky. His last appearance in the episode is during the challenge. He was accidentally knocked off the beam when Ice Cube knocks him, Bubble, Pencil, and Match off the beam.
In Take the Plunge: Part 2, Snowball is asked by Flower to beat Bubble up, but refuses, and is called a wimp. Snowball is chosen to be on the Squashy Grapes team by Needle. When Needle mentions that she likes Coiny more than she likes Snowball, he gets angry at her, subsequently choosing Coiny to be on the team since "Needle likes him more".
Later, after calling Golf Ball's plan too confusing, he says that he could push her off the cliff. He proceeds to do so after she insults him by calling his brain small. Then he himself got knocked off the cliff after he is hit by Rocky. After his team builds a boat, he, along with everyone else on his team except for Ice Cube, Leafy, and Coiny are left behind. He is seen along with most of his team floating towards the finish point on top of Spongy. He was up for elimination after his team lost the challenge.
In Barriers and Pitfalls, Snowball's team, the Squashy Grapes lost the last episode. During Cake at Stake, he is declared safe at 0 votes, same with Leafy, Needle, Ice Cube, Rocky, Teardrop, and Coiny. During the challenge (which happens to be an obstacle course), Snowball stopped by a ledge until Needle pushed him off the course and into the failer's waiting room. His team, however, still wins which means one of the Squishy Cherries is going home.
In Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?, Snowball does not know his name, and gets very angry, ripping his test to shreds in the process. His team still wins.
In Sweet Tooth, Snowball compares making a cake with no recipes for making cakes with two metal balls and out of some dirt. He got a relatively low score, and his cake was judged and made offscreen. He managed to win a literal tiebreaker for his team.
In Bridge Crossing, SB continues to take his grudge out on GB and TB and tells Coiny that he's his friend. Eventually, another literal tiebreaker (as in the aforementioned episode) is held, and "good ol' SB" rips the same necktie (again, as in the episode above), giving the Grapes their fourth consecutive win.
In Power of Three, Snowball is paired with two armless contestants, and some of his least favorites at that (GB and Rocky), much to his dismay. He manages to power to first, but quickly falls to last when he has to get Golf Ball. After much efforts, they narrowly avoid the dreaded voting period, as they place 4th.
In Cycle of Life, Snowball is devastated that he didn't make the relay team. His team wins though, much to his surprise.
In Insectophobe's Nightmare, Snowball received a BFDI poster as a reward. Snowball tries to pull his team on his own, tying them all up in a ball of rope and eventually falling into a pit late at night.
In Crybaby!, Snowball and their team are still falling and then fall into moving spikes, which then lead Spongy, which in the top of the pit, jump right ahead of where it started. Snowball says "Hey, it's you!" to the Announcer, which led them into a Cake at Stake ceremony. Snowball is at risk for elimination at 18 votes, but three of the five Cherries choose him onto their team. The Cherries win a tiebreaker, meaning they'll be larger than the two other teams combined.
In Lofty, Snowball chooses Rocky onto his team, which everyone else unanimously agrees with. In the challenge, he is one of the last five still standing but his balloon is popped by Blocky. In the process, he popped Pencil's balloon because their team color was red, but the balloons were pink. The Cherries placed 2nd.
In A Leg Up in the Race, Snowball doesn't appear until the contest, which is to climb ladders. He places 2nd in the contest. When the Announcer introduced points, Snowball isn't happy about it. Despite placing 2nd, his final score is 32 points due to all the votes he got. He ends up placing 9th, just barely putting him up for elimination.
In Half a Loaf Is Better Than None, Snowball ties in third place with Pin for the most loaves of bread at 29 and doesn't get to rejoin.
In Reveal Novum, Snowball is not seen in the episode, but as the TLC is closing, he can be heard saying "Hurry up!"
In Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, Snowball can be seen when the sun is teleported into the TLC, complaining, "It's so bright!". He also shouts "Yeah!" with everybody else when the TLC is teleported before it reappears.
In Return of the Hang Glider, Snowball, along with the other eliminated contestants, are released from the TLC. Snowball votes for Leafy to win Dream Island. When Firey is choosing who to let on the island, he lets Snowball, along with his friends, Pen, Eraser, and Blocky into Dream Island. He is later abducted by a UFO with Match, Tennis Ball, and Woody.
In Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know!, Snowball only receives 143 votes to join, and is sent to the Locker Of Losers with the other characters that didn't make it to the show. He isn't seen for the rest of the season.
Snowball, along with all of the other LOL prisoners, are still in the Locker Of Losers. He has yet to be freed.
In Welcome Back, he is mentioned by Coiny twice and gets criticized by Golf Ball once.
When the contestants form teams, Snowball does not join armless people's team and does not join Pie's team, but joins teams with Lightning for his murderous attitude and Fanny for her aggressive spirit. Snowball is bewildered when his trio gets merged with the rest of iance, and complains to Pencil about the team's name original name "The Alliance". During the contest, Snowball is seen jumping to reach the basket. Match advises him to get rid of the "LL" on his name in order to jump higher.Fortunate Ben, Snowball praises Lightning for flying in a contest, but Lightning is shortly obliterated by Four. much to Snowball's distress.
In Questions Answered, Snowball is mad at Bubble as she consistently answered incorrectly. He is later seen giving Bubble the evil eye along with Match, extremely pressuring Bubble during the challenge.
In This Episode Is About Basketball, Snowball throws a ball at the propeller of his team's basket, malfunctioning it and making it land on their buzzer, securing them safely. X originally questions his tactic but gives them the win under pressure due to Snowball's sudden anger.
In Get to the Top in 500 Steps, Snowball opposes that Flower is the one running up the stairs instead of him. Fanny then tells him to stop complaining as it's easier for all of them if they let her do what she wants to do. Snowball replies to this by saying not to tell him what to do before slamming her into the ground and breaking her. He then looks at Flower, waving happily, and decides that there's no point fussing over it before throwing the broken Fanny aside. His team loses the challenge, meaning he and rest of team are up for elimination.
In What Do You Think of Roleplay?, at the start at Cake At Stake, Fanny, who's still broken from last episode, glares at Snowball, who only replies with "What?" After the elimination, Bubble tries forgiving everyone on her team for things they've done. She goes up to Snowball to forgive him for something, but he pops her before she can say what it was. Later on, Bubble tells him that she forgives him for killing her earlier, and that she thought he was sorry for it. However, this is followed by Snowball popping her again. This convinces Flower and Ruby that Snowball and Bubble were real.
|21||8 (To join)|
|1||143 (To join)|
Total elimination votes: 7508
- Don't Lose Your Marbles: Is killed by Remote's battery acid.
- Insectophobe's Nightmare 2: Is devoured by bugs.
Total kills: 7
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Bubble||4||Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?|
Don't Lose Your Marbles
What Do You Think of Roleplay? (x2)
|Golf Ball||1||Bridge Crossing (Debatable)|
|Ice Cube||1||Sweet Tooth|
|Rocky||1||Bridge Crossing (Debatable)|
- In Episode 14, he did not return because he was tied for 3rd place.
- Snowball is one of nine contestants to do the Four pose at the beginning of the BFB intro, the others being Spongy, Grassy, Bomby, Barf Bag, Stapy, Coiny, Liy, and Eraser.
- In Power of Three, he was the only player to have arms on his team.
- SB is the lowest ranking contestant in merged teams, being eliminated right after points were established.
- Coincidentally, he was the first eliminated male contestant whose name doesn't end in Y.
- Snowball is the first ever contestant to catch a sliced cake.
- Snowball and Flower are the only contestants to be up for elimination at the first Cake at Stake in BFDI and BFB.
- In Episode 21, Snowball received the least amount of votes, with 8. They were by MrTristan626, englishcreamcakes, Wave3436, Vader97100, Billymaysx, TheDJ95678, peg12356, and DSlade6907. The same thing happened in Battle for Dream Island Again, as Snowball received the least amount of votes amongst the original contestants.
- Snowball asked if 8 votes were enough to win even though it was only 1/107th of the total votes, not even 1% of the 856 cast votes.
- Snowball is the only ball with arms.
- Coincidentally, he's the only ball not to be in A Better Name Than That.
- Snowball is one of the 5 classic characters to not get enough votes to join BFDIA, along with Pen, Eraser, Blocky, and David.
- Snowball is one of the three character's whose names have been in the title of an episode, along with Basketball and Teardrop.
- Snowball's nemesis, Golf Ball, wrote a book called Book of BFDI Tips and Tricks 1,000,000,000 years ago. One of the tips in there was to not be Snowball, so this may prove he has lived for a 1,000,000,000 years.
- Snowball was runner-up on Total Firey Island.
- Snowball has gone the third longest without competing, next to Woody and David.
- Snowball is known to be so stupid that he didn't even know his name in Are You Smarter Than a Snowball?. However, he recognizes his name in The Glistening.
- If you listen very closely at the end of the video in Thanks for 4 years! he yells "Oh god my leg!"
- Out of the 16 contestants that fell off the bridge in Bridge Crossing, 9 of them fell off because of Snowball, both indirectly and directly.
- Snowball is the only male on the Squashy Grapes to not have been on BFDIA as a contestant.
- It is implied that Snowball is extremely judgmental and prejudiced against armless people since he holds the mindset that those without arms are inherently weaker than those with arms throughout each series, from the beginning of BFDI all the way into BFB.
- Snowball ripped both ties in both the tiebreakers in BFDI.
- Snowball's expression in IDFB looks similar to Michael's in Fight Cary.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI 12: Bubble • Eraser • Match • Pen • Pencil • Snowball • Rocky|
| BFDI 12: Blocky • Leafy • Ice Cube • Tennis Ball|
| BFDI contestants|