|“||So, to clarify...||”|
— Lightning, on several occasions
Lightning is a contestant on Battle for BFDI. He was a recommended character that could have joined Battle for Dream Island Again, but with only 93 votes, placed 46th, he did not have enough votes to join and was flung to the Locker of Losers.
Lightning appears to be a lightning bolt, which is a form of plasma. The outline is olive, and the inside is bright yellow.
BFDI 17 (recommended character)
- Lightning is called Bolty.
- Bolty has arms and legs.
- Bolty has no shading.
- Bolty has a more jagged shape.
- Bolty has 3 segments.
- Bolty has white outlining.
BFDI 17 (Cloudy's audition)
- Bolty has no limbs.
- Bolty is a part of Cloudy.
- Bolty is renamed to Lightning.
- Lightning has a shine toward his top.
- Lightning has shading toward his bottom.
- Lightning has a more smooth shape.
- Lightning has 1 segment.
- Lightning is much more stout.
- Lightning is no longer attached to Cloudy.
- Lightning regains his arms.
Lightning is a feisty character who enjoys zapping people, but only people in particular, such as Flower.
He affiliates with rude and other killers such as Snowball. His voice is similar to Liy and Ruby's, except he talks more slowly. He seems to take orders from others when it comes to who he is supposed to zap. He also appears to enjoy/require clarification of the challenges, although he hasn't asked for this since "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset".
Lightning also feels remorse for his own actions, making him a little more friendly despite having to zap people numerously.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Welcome Back (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- Getting Teardrop to Talk
- Lick Your Way to Freedom
- Why Would You Do This on a Swingset
- Today's Very Special Episode
- Fortunate Ben
- Four Goes Too Far (does not speak)
- The Liar Ball You Don't Want
- Questions Answered (does not speak)
- This Episode Is About Basketball (does not speak)
- Enter the Exit (does not speak)
- Get to the Top in 500 Steps (speaks in group)
- What Do You Think of Roleplay?
Battle for Dream Island
Lightning first appears in "The Reveal" as "Bolty", forming from Cloudy in his debut audition. Lightning himself here is not actually up to debut.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", Lightning, along with every other recommended character of the season, appears in the stands.
Lightning was one of the characters in BFDI Second Season Voting that had a chance to join the second season.
Battle for Dream Island Again
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Lightning is utilized by Pencil for the purpose of electrifying the alliance's enemies, the target at the time being Spongy. Match attempts to get Lightning to electrocute Flower, but he is dissuaded by Bubble and, speaking for the first time, renounces Match and Pencil as maniacs. He would later ask if he could befriend Marker and Stapy, to which the former denies. This prompts Lightning to then electrocute Flower.
As teams were being formed, Snowball chooses Lightning based on his admission of reportedly killing dozens of people, a fact that causes Snowball to view him as powerful. Later on, Lightning advises Snowball to also take in Fanny for her "murderous attitude". As Snowball argues with himself, Lightning slowly drifts upwards. Lightning's group merges with Pencil's group as Flower brings them together to form iance. Lightning zaps Flower once more after she requested to be observed. Lightning also details the pronunciation of their team.
Lightning generally inquires if Four's challenge was the first challenge of BFB in order to clarify. Snowball concurs. Throughout the challenge, Lightning, with the rest of his team, simply jumps to attempt to reach a basket. However, after Fanny lambastes jumping, Pencil orders Lightning to zap her. Lightning is almost stopped by Bubble, but Pencil intimidates her, and Lightning goes ahead and zaps Fanny, much to Bubble's dismay. Lightning goes back to jumping, but his team's efforts ultimately fail, and iance goes up for elimination.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", Lightning receives 532 votes toward elimination at Cake at Stake, the third lowest amount of votes on iance, making him safe. Lightning manages to catch his slice of cake. Hearkening back to the previous episode, Lightning asks Snowball to clarify the contest's objective. As with the rest of his team, Lightning licks the jawbreaker and rescues Ice Cube from captivity, making iance safe.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", Lightning attempts to ask a clarifying question, but Flower immediately shuts him down. This prompts Lightning to once again zap Flower. iance would proceed to utilize Fanny's mechanisms to accelerate their swing, making them safe.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", Bell asks Lightning to zap her (to his surprise), sending the electricity up her string and shocking off the climbers. Clock describes this as "the biggest zaptation" he's ever seen.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Lightning is seen gleefully playing with the newly invented poppers. During the prelude to the elimination, Lightning pulls out Camera to record Donut's first Cake at Stake. However, Lightning initially zooms in too far into Donut's hole, stoking momentary worry from Marker until Lightning zooms out farther. During the challenge, Lightning explains to Bubble the reason for everyone's murderous mania being attributed to the balance Loser brought being lost. He then zaps the Liar Ball, sending Pie flying past the horizon.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Lightning fearfully nods in compliance with Four's prohibition against flying. He then unceremoniously agrees to Flower doing the challenge. When Flower is later knocked off the stairs by Dora, Lightning manages to safely catch Flower. Still, Pie presses the buzzer, saving Death P.A.C.T. and putting iance up for elimination.
In "What Do You Think of Roleplay?", Lightning is suspicious about Four's and X's behavior before the Cake at Stake ceremony begins. He is the second one safe, with 804 votes. Lightning is one of the contestants meddled with, being impersonated by Spongy and impersonating Pin. As Pin, his cover is easily blown by Needle when he laments over her strange ailment, accidentally contradicting the fact that the real Pin was there when it happened to Needle. Fanny would later uncover the faux Lightning when she notices him flying around the room freely. Fanny points out that Lightning often forgets that he can fly, thus unmasking Spongy as the impostor. iance barely misses elimination and places second-to-last.
- Main article: Lightning/Relationships
|1||93 (to join)|
Total elimination votes: 1,336
Total votes: 1,429
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Pin||1||No More Snow! (Along with Cloudy)|
|Dozens of others||Dozens||??? (Revealed in Getting Teardrop to Talk)|
When Lightning zaps somebody, the electric shock knocks them out.
|Character||Number of times electrocuted||Episodes|
|Spongy||2||Getting Teardrop to Talk, Today's Very Special Episode|
|Fanny||1||Getting Teardrop to Talk|
|Flower||3||Getting Teardrop to Talk (twice), Why Would You Do This on a Swingset|
|Bell||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Robot Flower||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Liy||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Firey Jr.||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Gelatin||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Ruby||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Barf Bag||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Bomby||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Snowball||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Eraser||1||Today's Very Special Episode|
|Loser||1||The Liar Ball You Don't Want|
|Pie||1 (indirect)||The Liar Ball You Don't Want|
- Lightning says that he has killed dozens of people in Getting Teardrop to Talk.
- He also thinks it's sad.
- However, in BFB, he hasn't killed anyone yet.
- Lightning is the only legless member of iance.
- Lightning is one of the four flyers, the others are Black Hole, Cloudy, and Puffball.
- He's also the only flying contestant with limbs.
- Running gag: After Four states what the contest is, Lightning asks Snowball, "So to clarify, (challenge)".
- Lightning and Stapy are the only contestants who are legless.
- A common goof with Lightning is his arms disappearing.
- All of Lightning's voting poses involve him having one hand on his head and the other on his "hip".
- Lightning’s voting pose in Getting Teardrop to Talk was the same pose in The Reveal.
- Despite being able to fly, in Getting Teardrop to Talk, Lightning could not reach the basket.
- Lightning has zapped 6 times so far (currently).
- He is the first male contestant to be safe in BFB.
- Lightning is the only BFDIA/IDFB TLC contestant to get a limb change after IDFB.
- Lightning is often mistaken as a female by fans, likely because of his voice.
- Lightning is one of the eight contestants who had their minds swapped in What Do You Think of Roleplay?, the others are Tree, Basketball, Spongy, Puffball, Pin, Taco, and Rocky.
- According to Fanny in What Do You Think of Roleplay?, Lightning always forgets that he can fly.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|