IDFB, (also known as dnalsI maerD roF elttaB/Island Dream for Battle or jokingly as It's Deep Fried Breaths) is the third season of Battle for Dream Island. It takes place 3 years after the events of BFDIA 5e in Yoyleland. It premiered on September 1, 2016, with the release of Welcome Back, its only episode.
The show is a reverse of BFDI, as every episode, the viewers vote who to take out of the TLC, rather than which contestant to put in the TLC. The show has also been diminished by the competition format and is now focused more on the humor, the story, and even the characters.
There were many things that happened over the last 3 years that are yet to be unveiled. For example:
- If Bubble didn't end up in the TLC, where did she go?
- How did Firey get trapped in a cage by Book and why?
- How did Rocky get his barf back?
- What happened to the competition and where did the Firey Speaker Box go? (Before being cut to 7 pieces in BFB 8)
- Did Flower get to Yoyle City? If she did, how?
So far, only one episode of IDFB has been released, known as Welcome Back, on September 1st and the second episode was set to release on October 1st, however due to Cary Huang, a fellow creator of the series moving to college, the episode's release date was delayed to December 1st. However, the second episode of IDFB had another delay and it was postponed until further notice. Michael Huang said he was going to release another short, but that too was delayed. Another short called Ballers was released. Michael and Cary later announced a hiatus in order to get a steady schedule of episodes and ended the hiatus by starting the fourth season fourteen months later after Welcome Back was released.
Characters currently outside the TLC
Characters currently in the TLC
**= Contestants eliminated in Season 2.
- This season has the highest video quality currently, and the first one having 2160p video quality.
- IDFB is confirmed to be BFDI's third season by Jacknjellify's channel art.
- Most recommended characters in the TLC have a new redesign.
- This is the first season in which the first word was spoken by Michael (as Ruby) instead of Cary.
- IDFB holds the distinction of the shortest season by being just one episode long.
- There's been rumors saying that IDFB is still being made as a side project while BFB is being made as a brand new season. This may be true, as it is unusual for the season to be canceled after only one episode.
- This is the first season out of any that has not been confirmed to be cancelled despite a brand new season premiering.
- This season is the last to use the normal assets, as BFB has a different look.
- The IDFB intro file can be found here.
- This is the first (and currently only) season where the title does not start with “Battle”
- This is the first season to have no teams.