|“||The Recovery Centers were DESTROYED!||”|
The Recovery Centers are devices where contestants go to be revived after they are destroyed, maimed, temporarily killed, etc.
The only contestants to have their own recovery center are Bubble, Ice Cube, Firey, Pie and Leafy (only shown in Episode 24). Announcer also has a recovery center. Flower destroyed all of the recovery centers in episode 25 by melting them in an incinerator. However, since recovery centers can be created, none of the killed characters are permanently dead.
However, in Getting Teardrop to Talk, Black Hole destroyed all the Recovery Centers, leaving the only way to regenerate a dead contestant is by Four somehow bringing them back to life, or either, in Lick Your Way To Freedom, Four regenerates them but they get trapped into jawbreakers.
Types of Recovery Centers
Bubble Recovery Center (BRC)
|“||Wow, Bubble, it's so cool that you get your very own Recovery Center!||”|
It appears again in the next part of the first episode by choosing her for Pin's team, a commercial in the second episode, as well as in almost all following episodes. In Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, Bubble received a new blue recovery center as a reward for making it to the final 3. In Getting Teardrop to Talk, Bubble had a gray recovery center again but with a symbol near the bottom.
Ice Cube Recovery Center (ICRC)
The Ice Cube Recovery Center is the second Recovery Center to be introduced. It debuted in Are You Smarter Than a Snowball? as a result of Leafy shattering Ice Cube with a bowling ball in the previous episode. In The Reveal the Ice Cube Recovery Center 2.0 was used and listed five questions that Leafy had to answer.
- Based on the questions it asked, it can create many types of ice cubes: ice cubes with different personalities, limb structures, sizes, and material.
Ice Cube Recovery Center Creator (ICRCC)
|“||An Ice Cube Recovery Center Creator is currently producing an Ice Cube Recovery Center.||”|
Firey Recovery Center (FRC)
The Firey Recovery Center debuted in Power of Three after Firey fell in the river that the temporary teams-of-three had to cross over. Pen realized that water is Firey's poison, but finds the Recovery Center appearing near the start of the bridge. However, in its debut appearance it requires some time to warm up, almost putting Pen, Eraser and Firey in danger for elimination. It appeared again in The Reveal, in a commercial made by Blocky. In Insectophobe's Nightmare 2, Firey was given a new orange recovery center as a gift in getting to the final 3.
Master Recovery Center (MRC)
- Main article: Master Recovery Center
The Master Recovery Center was used to recover the contestants and other characters that were destroyed. This recovery center is featured in episode 20 as the contestants who lost the contest come back to life. In episode 22, the Master Recovery Center was used to recover the contestants when they die in the magma for contest 22: to escape the volcano.
Unfortunately, in BFDI 25, all the recovery centers as of that time were all destroyed by Flower.
Announcer Recovery Center (ARC)
Cheese Orb Recovery Center (CORC)
The Cheese Orb Recovery Center (CORC) was a recovery center that was shown in episode 24 as one of the recommended characters. When Flower is destroying the recovery centers in episode 25, a Cheese Orb Recovery Center is shown, making a brief cameo. However, Flower destroys it immediately after. Cheese Orb appears in episode 23, only to be sliced in quarters by the Announcer to make the cake for Cake at Stake.
Leafy Recovery Center (LRC)
Hand-powered Recovery Center (HPRC)
The Hand-powered Recovery Center (HPRC) first appeared in Zeeky Boogy Doog. There is an "ENTER NAME" box which allows someone to type the name of the person to revive and a green "GO" button to revive the person as he/she goes out through a small hole. It does not have a backspace button, however. It was discovered in the BFDIA 5b game that the HPRC broke in two when Evil Leafy ate the FreeSmart Van, but it still works. Due to one piece having the typing part and the crank and the other having the hole, it can be used to recover objects in different places than where the user is. In No More Snow!, the first HPRC was destroyed, but was created again with an HPHPRCC. However, this HPRC got stuck in the gluey snow-gasoline mixture from the FreeSmart Supervan.
Hand-powered Hand-powered Recovery Center Creator (HPHPRCC)
The Hand-powered Hand-powered Recovery Center Creator (named HPHPRCC by Yellow Face and named a Hand-powered HPRC Creator by Firey Speaker Box) was introduced in No More Snow!, brought by Firey's Speaker Box. It can take possibly over a month (for the contestants on the right, it took 78 days) of cranking in order to produce the HPRC. This recovery center is the only maroon colored one. It is also probably the largest. As soon as the HPRC is made, the HPHPRCC either self-destructs, or disappears without a trace by a 50% chance in 15 seconds (the discount recovers in 15 seconds if a Postpone Token is inserted).
Leg-powered Recovery Center (LPRC)
This recovery center was introduced in It's a Monster when Pencil drove the FreeSmart Supervan and pointed out the Leg-powered Recovery Center (LPRC). This supposedly works like an HPRC, except you use your legs to use it. If cranked with someone's hand, it will disappear, in this case, it's Book.
Pie Recovery Center (PRC)The Pie Recovery Center’s first and currently last appearance is in Getting Teardrop to Talk, being sucked up by Black Hole. It presumably will make no more future appearance because Robot Flower states that all the Recovery Centers were destroyed.
- Four is the only Recovery Center that's alive, and not actually a machine. Four can make dead characters come back through his hand.
- The HPRC seems to recognize typos, as shown in IDFB 1, when Book was recovering Ruby by typing "ROOOOOBEEEEEEE".
- The HPRC can also recognize if people are alive or not, as Coiny tried recovering Book in Zeeky Boogy Doog, but she was in Dream Sauce.
- Although Flower destroyed the Recovery Centers, in Get Digging, an ICRCC is in the water at one point. The time reads "0 minutes", implying that an ICRC might exist somewhere in the world. However, it wasn't seen on the return trip.
- The big recovery centers and all of the recovery center creators have a purposely misspelled 'Graffiti' (stylized as GRuPheetie) on them. This also appeared at the front of the back wall behind the swings that appeared in the first scene in BFDIA 5a. When on the recovery centers and the recovery center creators it has a yellow face underneath.
- The BRC Is The Only recovery center to be improved and appeared in BFB
- Goof: When Nickel used his legs on the HPHPRCC in BFDIA 5c, it didn't disappear.
- However, it is unknown if HPHPRCCs disappear like the LPRC when using legs on the crank.