|This article is about the character. You may be looking for the species.|
— David's catchphrase
David is a male contestant in Battle for BFDI and was a contestant in Battle for Dream Island. He was created by TDICaitlincookegroup on YouTube after 39 voters voted for him to be eliminated, despite the fact that he wasn’t up for elimination at the time.
He is an eliminated contestant in Battle for BFDI, and was on team BEEP.
David appears to be a stick figure that is poorly drawn. His outline and facial details are gray, and his face is white. He turns red and has yellow zig-zagged lines that resemble lightning bolts surrounding him when he gets angry. He appears to have a blank stare most of the time.
Due to a lack of things that he can say, David's personality is somewhat of a mystery. However, him saying "Aw, seriously?" shows us that he can be quite whiny and a person who complains a lot. He also seems to be quite stubborn, as he refuses to help his team in "Lick Your Way to Freedom". Because he's a stick figure, he's often seen as an outsider among the contestants and has a bit of trouble making friends.
David is also quite antisocial, often refusing to following the directions of others and quick to shout his catchphrase whenever greeted with conflict.
In BFB, David gains tiny, but still more, depth into his character. He is now more likely to try being helpful and resourceful in challenges, as he tries his best to steer his team's plane out of trouble. He also shows more emotion and has slightly more dynamic animation and personality. David is also more self-conscious, as he tries to evade elimination in "Enter The Exit" and shouting "No!".
- Yelling: David can yell a distorted version of his catchphrase. Although this doesn't seem to have the stunning effect of Four's Screechy, it can still surprise and unnerve others.
- Auto-tuned voice: In "Rescission", David is shown to be able to auto-tune his voice to 'Mary Had A Little Lamb'.
- Head growth: In the same episode, David was shown to be able to grow 3 extra heads. It is unknown what purpose this serves.
- Poison immunity: David was the only contestant in BFDI to be immune to Bug poison.
- Inflatable head: A David clone was able to survive getting his head inflated in "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2" to be a stand-in for Bubble.
- Wind manipulation: Using the 'hair' on his head, David could control the wind and act as a makeshift sail in "Fortunate Ben".
- Flammability: Contrary to Dora, David is easily flammable and will be reduced to ashes if he comes into contact with fire.
- Sunrise allergy: It's been stated that David is allergic to sunrises in Reveal Novum. However, the only reaction he seemingly has is forcefully blinking.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again
- Welcome Back (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
Battle for Dream Island
In "Vomitaco", David was first recognised when the Announcer explained that even though he was not even a contestant at the time, he had received 39 elimination votes. This was one of the few episodes where he said something else other than his catchphrase, saying "Yeah?".
In "The Reveal", it is revealed that 1 out of 30 handpicked recommended characters could be voted into the game. Being one of the 30, David campaigns by turning red and throwing a temper tantrum, screaming "AW, SERIOUSLY??".
In "Reveal Novum", David's first day of competition begins when he receives the most votes to join the game. During the staring contest, he uses his red-faced temper tantrum ability to scare his opponents, causing them to flinch and thus, blinking in the process. This strategy did not work against Pencil, however, who simply laughed at David, and even mocked his catchphrase. David eventually blinks the next morning upon seeing the sun, due to his allergic reaction to sunrises. Despite not receiving any points at the start of his game, he managed to earn second place in the staring contest and got 30 points on the scoreboard, avoiding elimination in his first episode in the game.
In "Rescission", David, along with Ice Cube, Rocky, Bubble, and Leafy all avoided their mud-caked shovels that Speaker threw at them during Cake at Stake. This upsets Speaker, who proceeds to cry acid all over Ice Cube, Rocky, and David. His points were later traded for 30 teddy bears. During the unicycle race, David (literally) begins beeping "Mary had a Little Lamb" as an 8-bit melody and has 3 heads at the end. Right before reaching the finish line, he runs into Firey, and he burns into ashes. Unable to finish the race, he is put up for elimination along with Icy and Spongy.
In "Gardening Hero", David was eliminated with a record of 331 votes. It is later announced that a loser was going to rejoin the game. David campaigns by saying his catchphrase. When Announcer demands that he should say something else, he yells, "NO!". This marks the 2nd episode in which he said something other than his catchphrase.
In "The Glistening", David is one of the 10 eliminated contestants to vote Ice Cube to be eliminated, actually saying "Aw...-Ice Cube!" while turned into Steven. This marks the 3rd episode David says something other than his catchphrase. It is later revealed that David received 41 votes and placed 7th in the Rejoin, so he can't rejoin.
In "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2", because he was immune to bugs, David was the only contestant to survive the bug attack. Speaker then decides to recreate everyone by cloning David 20 times, 17 for the TLC members and 4 all dressed in costumes for the final 4 contestants. All the Davids disappear when everyone returns.
In "Return of the Hang Glider", his final appearance, David chooses to say his catchphrase instead of saying "Cake at Stake!" with the rest of the eliminated contestants. At the final Cake at Stake, David votes Leafy to win Dream Island, expressing his opinion by transforming into "Leafy David" from Insectophobe's Nightmare 2. After Firey wins Dream Island, David is able to convince him into letting him onto the island, simply by saying his catchphrase.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", David only got 251 votes to join, not enough to compete in BFDIA. He was flung to the LOL along with all of the other ineligible contestants.
In "Welcome Back", David is trapped inside the Locker of Losers along with all the other contestants who didn't compete in BFDIA.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", David's appearances are few. He is first seen almost getting sucked into Black Hole before the intro, David is the second-to-last person to be picked for a team, since Gelatin deemed him "weird". Despite this, Leafy brings David onto BEEP, stating she wants to help him. When the team name was being discussed, David is apparently impressed by it, saying, "Aw," instead of, "Aw, seriously?" David does not play an active role in the challenge.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", David is stubborn and reluctant to start licking jawbreakers, much to the anger of Balloony. David is also up for elimination, as BEEP lost the challenge. In the end-scene after the outro, David is seen still licking jawbreakers, but Nickel tells him to stop, for they already lost. Taco was inside of the jawbreaker that David was licking.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", David falls into the bottom two of voting, but survives. Cloudy was disgusted when he found out David is a man, and that David is what a man looks like, causing Cloudy to almost vomit. David does not actively participate in the challenge, as Cloudy does the challenge for his team.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", David is heard making a disgusted grunting sound due to the cake BEEP made for the challenge, for the cake batter was made out of Rocky's vomit. Once again, Balloony is angered by David's reaction.
In "Fortunate Ben", David manipulated his (assumed) hair in order to direct the team paper airplane, which earns him compliments from Roboty and Cloudy. However, he soon falls asleep, causing the plane to fall downwards in a nosedive. David is then woken up by Rocky's barf — to the relief of Balloony — allowing him to resume control of the plane and steer it away from the cliff. However, these efforts are wasted when Stapy causes the cliff to suddenly jut out, making BEEP crash and lose the challenge. David is up for elimination once again.
In "Four Goes Too Far", David is in the bottom two for voting again. To this he replies, "Aw, dreariously?" He survives when it is revealed that Roboty received more votes than him. Clock gets the twinkle of contagion after three hours, keeping David safe from elimination.
In "This Episode Is About Basketball" he is told by Cloudy that he and Woody were the only ones with arms, therefore being the only ones to throw the ball into the basket. However, he replies with "Aw, seriously?" and doesn't do anything for the rest of the episode. His team ends up losing the challenge, so they are up for elimination.
In "Enter the Exit", David is once again in the bottom two for voting. However, this time he is eliminated. He is told by X to "be eliminated" like Stapy, but he refuses and tries to escape. David is eventually caught at the edge of a cliff. X keeps David stuffed inside him, until Four is recovered and picks him out, leading to him trying to run away again. However, Four grabs him and stuffs David inside of himself. Once all the eliminated contestants who weren't sucked up by Four get sucked up, they find themselves in the EXIT. Four tells the class that one of them would be rejoining the show, followed by David saying "Aw, seriously?". In his rejoining audition, David just says "Aw," twice.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", David only recieved 1,255 votes to rejoin, keeping him in EXIT.
|15||39 (Wasn't a contestant yet)|
|18||102 (Joins the game)|
|21||41 (To rejoin)|
|1||251 (To join)|
|11||1,255 (to rejoin)|
Total elimination votes: 20,552
- "Rescission": Burns to dust when he comes in contact with Firey.
- "Insectophobe's Nightmare 2": Is killed when he comes in contact with Announcer’s acid.
- Michael Huang claims drinking lots of water helps him voice David.
- So far, David has said 9 things other than his catchphrase: "No!" (three times), "Yeah?", "Seriously?", "Aw!", bleeping (noise) the song 'Mary Had a Little Lamb', "Ice Cube!" (while turning into Steven), "!wA", "Beeeeelaaaauggggggh," and “Aw, dreariously!”.
- David is the only original contestant to never kill another contestant.
- In Reveal Novum, David beat 29 other recommended characters and joined BFDI.
- Coincidentally, he beat Bomby, the runner up, by 29 votes.
- Not counting BFB, David has the 2nd shortest competition time on the show, only competing in 2 episodes, tying with Dora. Those two were beaten only by Donut.
- Coincidentally, all 3 of their names start with a D.
- David is one of 3 competitors that is not named after the object it is (he is called "David" instead of "stick figure"). The only others like this are Dora and Loser.
- David, Dora, Woody, Ruby, Fanny, and Rocky are also the only characters to have human names.
- David is allergic to sunrises, which was revealed in "Reveal Novum".
- David is immune to bugs, along with Gelatin.
- Dora had rapidly said that she and David are not related in "Get Digging", where she also said that she had tried to kill David many times but failed.
- David, Dora, and Robot Flower are the only contestants who can move without moving their limbs.
- This excludes limbless/legless contestants.
- In "Vomitaco", David got 39 votes, even though he wasn't currently competing in the show.
- David said his catchphrase 30 times in BFDI and 11 times in BFB.
- David is so far the only contestant to be cloned.
- David along with Dora are the only official contestants (not including other recommended characters that did not debut) that resemble humans.
- David ranked 18th to join BFDIA out of the original 21 BFDI contestants.
- David was the last contestant to be created in the series (as seen in B.A.G.U.E.T.T.E 1B).
- Even though David was in BFDI, he was never included in the intro.
- In BFDIA, Ice Cube's favorite screen is 3 Davids. It seems as if she is good friends with David, knowing she is friends with everyone but her enemies, but ironic due to the fact that David dislikes Ice Cube.
- David is one of the 6 classic characters to not join BFDIA, along with Woody, Pen, Eraser, Blocky, and Snowball.
- There's a place called "Davidland", where the ground is filled with copies of David.
- Its origin might be the David Cloner.
- There is another person called Steven that looks just like David but with a smile.
- David is the only contestant to be eliminated in BFDI by the Double Laser Powered Teleportation Device.
- David was the first person to be eliminated after the points were gone.
- David's asset is often used to make human characters like Dora or Michelle Obama. (See Variations of David for more).
- David is the only contestant in the BFDI(A) series to have both a join audition and rejoin audition.
- David is one of the four contestants who tried to avoid being eliminated, the others are Flower, Match, and Roboty.
- David and Dora are the only contestants to never have their appearance changed, unless David becoming orange is counted.
- Despite having no visible tongue, he was shown licking a jawbreaker in "Lick Your Way To Freedom".
- David appears to hate vomit, as he was the only member of BEEP who was disgusted with the cake his team prepared for Four in "Today's Very Special Episode".
- David survived his first elimination in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset".
- David can fly planes using his outline as a controller.
- David has always been in the bottom two when he has been up for elimination.
- David is one of the few contestants not included in the BFB credits, the others are Dora, Teardrop, Remote, Roboty, and TV.
- In every episode where David gets eliminated, a rejoin occurs.
- David's elimination in BFB follows the same as Woody's from BFDI: bottom two twice, then eliminated.
- David is the first contestant to get 20,000 overall votes.
- David is one of the 4 contestants to receive a 5 digit number of votes, the others are Loser, Leafy, and Match.
- David is the only contestant to have his voting letter be [I].
- David was the first non-object to compete in BFDI.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|