- See also: Cake at Stake
|“||I'm too scared to buzz in without Loser to support me!||”|
— Cake, "Questions Answered"
Cake is a male object contestant on Battle for BFDI. He was a former recommended character who first appeared in "Cycle of Life", when Announcer said there was no Cake at Stake. He appeared to be a strawberry cake without limbs.
Cake currently competes for The Losers! on Battle for BFDI.
Cake appears to be a slice of chocolate fudge cake with a frosting puff on top. He also has a pink-red rim. He is always shown from a profile perspective because his face is on the right side of him.
- Cake is sentient.
- Cake's face is hand-drawn.
- Cake has no limbs.
- Cake has white frosting dots around him.
- Cake has 3 rings of red frosting around him.
- Cake has a face made of object assets.
- Cake's torso is the normal cake asset.
- Cake has legs.
- Cake is a slice of chocolate cake.
- Cake has an ivory frosting puff on top of him.
- Cake is significantly smaller.
- Cake has a hot pink frosting rim at his top-right.
- Cake gains shading to the right of his frosting puff.
- Cake gains shading on his frosting rim to his bottom left.
Cake is generally a shy and effeminate person, not talking much until it's necessary. He blushes a lot, but mostly after Loser nudges him after hearing the word ‘cake’, as well as when he won a tic-tac-toe game against Pie. Cake is also easily frightened.
Cake has also been shown as a dependent person, often relying on Loser for emotional and challenge-related support, as he is very loyal towards Loser.
However, his personality changed in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", as he stated himself that there is a reason for Loser to be eliminated, despite the fact that Cake often relies on him for help and support, meaning that it's possible that Cake will get close to anyone who he thinks is capable of providing help, and immediately turns his back if he thinks the person has a bad influence.
This anger towards Loser was short-lived, however, as in "Questions Answered", Cake said he knew what the answer to the question was, but he was too afraid to say it because Loser wasn't there to support him. Cake finally got enough courage to press the button and answer correctly after Pin gave an influencing speech.
- Battle for Dream Island
- Battle for Dream Island Again"
- "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know" (does not speak coherently)
- "Welcome Back" (cameo)
- Battle for BFDI
- "Getting Teardrop to Talk"
- "Lick Your Way to Freedom"
- "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset"
- "Today's Very Special Episode" (does not speak coherently)
- "Fortunate Ben" (does not speak)
- "Four Goes Too Far"
- "The Liar Ball You Don't Want"
- "Questions Answered"
- "Enter the Exit"
- "Get to the Top in 500 Steps" (does not speak)
- "What Do You Think of Roleplay?" (does not speak)
Battle for Dream Island
In "Cycle of Life", what could've been Cake made a brief appearance. When Announcer said that there was no Cake at Stake, a limbless Cake with mouth and eyes that was once smiling started to cower when Announcer said there was no Cake at Stake. It is not confirmed if this cake is recommended by anyone, but if it is, then he is the first ever recommended character.
In "Gardening Hero", Cake made a minor appearance as a recommended character. He was recommended by a user named MVboys.
Battle for Dream Island Again
In "Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know", Cake only got 134 votes, placing him 37th, and he was flung into the Locker of Losers along with the others who failed to join.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", Cake makes his first speaking appearance in the series. He appears playing tic-tac-toe with Pie. He won the game, and then starts to blush while saying sorry to Pie. However, Pie is okay with losing.
During the challenge, Cake tells Loser that it's an honor to be on his team. When the basket falls on him and The Losers but Loser and Eggy, Loser saves him and the other members, but Eggy is now stuck under the basket.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", when Four reveals that Iance gets cake when they're safe, Cake is elbowed by Loser causing him to gasp. When Ruby is safe in iance's elimination, Cake said "Yikes!" because Ruby ate the cake. He later appears being sat on by Clock.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", he gasps when Iance uses Fanny to swing the full 50 swings. He suggests to do the same, but with Clock. He later figures out that Daylight Savings actually means when clocks jump forward an hour. Clock's fast clock hands swings his team to victory.
In "Four Goes Too Far", he first appears in the heart scene. He is later seen with Eggy, and contracts the Twinkle after Eggy does. Scared he would get the Twinkle again, Cake tells Loser to protect his team. One of X's old baskets shelter The Losers from further Twinkle contracting.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", Cake is shocked when Loser is eliminated. After Loser's "lie" about the Poppers, Cake turns his back on him, stating he had to go for a reason (though it could mean he's very stress about what happen). Flower immediately deems him a "hater". He later steps on a dead Taco while Gaty looks at her through the moon.
In "Questions Answered", he is scared to buzz "glue" to the question "What is snow + gasoline?", as Loser isn't there to support him. However, Pin’s motivational speech gives Cake enough courage to answer “glue,” and he gets it correct.
In "Get to the Top in 500 Steps", Cake seems happy when Leafy wants to befriend him and Eggy. He later looks in horror at Needle eating Leafy's cake due to being a cake himself. He later appears happy again when Needle secures The Losers! safety.
|1||134 (To join)|
Total Votes: 960
- "Bowling, Now with Explosions!": May have burned to death while trapped in a large metal box.
- "Happy Birthday, Battle for BFDI!": Eaten by numerous characters. (Non-canon)
- He is the only male contestant to be voiced by Kenzie Bryant.
- A storyboard for "Today's Very Special Episode" alluded to a greater role for Cake in the next episode, "Fortunate Ben", but this didn't happen.
- Cake so far has the closest relationship to Loser than any other contestant.
- Cake had the least amount of votes out of all the The Losers! newbies in BFB 7, with only 826 votes to his name.
- Cake is also the only newbie on The Losers! that did not receive a 4-digit number of votes.
- Cake appears to be square shaped, but when he is shown below, he has a triangular shape, which is due to him being a slice of a cake.
- Cake is Amor Boretto's favorite character.
- Cake is one of the eight food contestants, along with Pie, Eggy, Taco, Donut, Fries, Gelatin, and Lollipop.
- He is one of the few contestants to have white facial features rather than the usual black. This also applies to 8-Ball, Remote, and TV.
- He is so far the only character to have been seen blushing canonically.
- Cake and Nickel are currently the only 2 contestants in BFB to receive the same number of votes at an elimination, with both at 826 votes. (Nickel in "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset" and Cake in "The Liar Ball You Don't Want")
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ The names of the layers in Cake's IDFB asset
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|