Budget cuts are a running gag during Battle for Dream Island. There were 10 budget cuts, along with 1 fake budget cut, which took place starting on Reveal Novum (the fake one on Bowling, Now with Explosions!).
In seasons 2 and on, the budget cuts appear to be solved, as none have happened yet.
- Enforcing a limit of one recommended character per recommender, in Reveal Novum (This was somewhat removed in BFDIA).
- The scoreboard being downgraded, also in Reveal Novum.
- Being sent to space in Gardening Hero.
- A black hole being sold in Gardening Hero.
- Firey's spaceship being sold in Gardening Hero.
- Being able to talk, paddle, breathe, and not explode in space, thus removing the logic of space, also in Gardening Hero.
- The television that displays the votes being sold in Don't Pierce My Flesh.
- The recovery centers being sold in Insectophobe's Nightmare 2.
- The drumrolls when showing votes, which was sold in Return of the Hang Glider.
- Dream Island being sold in Return of the Hang Glider. In reality, Dream Island was actually sold to Leafy
Fake Budget Cut: Bowling, Now with Explosions! being made as a puppet show, later revealed to be an April Fools joke.