|Season 2, Episode 5b|
|Challenge||To escape Evil Leafy (For FreeSmart)|
"Get in the Van"
"No More Snow"
- "It's not a cartoon. It's a game."
- - Message that appears at the beginning of the 5B Update video
BFDIA 5b is a game made by Michael Huang and Cary Huang. When the game debuted, the game had 33 playable levels, and the player could not pass level 33 until February 19. From Feburary 19 to 25, (before the Feburary 25 update) the game had 50 playable levels, and the player could not pass level 50 until Feburary 25. Due to the creators of the game being very busy, the Feburary 25 update only added 3 new playable levels. Currently, the game has 53 playable levels, and the player cannot pass level 53 until an unknown date. A note in level 53 says levels will be uploaded as soon as they are made, but on March 3, it was announced that the game was postponed for now due to BFDIA 5c being worked on. The game may be played here.
Book eventually finds Match trapped in a box and asks if Match knows what is going on. Match recalls Pencil driving the FreeSmart Van into Evil Leafy's mouth. Match also remembers falling into her unpleasant box. Book and Match agree to find the other FreeSmarters.
Book finds the Hand-powered Recovery Center, and figures it fell out of the FreeSmart Van.
Later, Match and Book enter a house. Inside, Book finds Lego Brick, but is first scared of him and thinks he is a mutant Blocky. Lego Brick denies this and asks to be Book's friend. Book asks him "Where are we?" Lego Brick states that we are in Evil Leafy, along with thousands of other recommended characters. Lego Brick is confused at the fact that Evil Leafy ate Book and Match, but she reassures that they are fine. Lego Brick remains confused, si Book says goodbye to carry on their adventure.
Book traps Lego Brick inside a box to activate a switch to complete a level. In the next level, Lego Brick turns mad, saying that Book trapped him inside a box. Book reassures it was only for desperate measures, but Lego Brick is unconvinced and punishes the two by forcing them to fall into Lego Brick's Underground Factory.
Farther into Lego Brick's dungeon, Book finds Ice Cube on a independent platform. Ice Cube does not remember why she is in the dungeon, but laments that if she had arms, she could pick up a nearby box to escape the dungeon. Book moves the box to the other low-hanging platforms, so Book, Match, and Ice Cube can continue the adventure.
The trio later meets Waffle and Tune, to which Match revolts, due to past experiences with recommended characters like Lego Brick. Ice Cube thinks they are nice, but Match sarcastically comparing how nice Lego Brick was. Waffle and Book ask each other's group who they are. Waffle says that Lego Brick is a nice guy once you get to know him, but Book and Match still reject. Waffle introduces Tune, but is cut off by Match's impatience. Waffle directs the three to Evil Leafy' mouth eastward, so they leave the recommended charactrs to continue the quest.
As Book, Match, and Ice Cube exit the house, Waffle and Book exchange goodbyes. Waffles says they are welcome back any time. Book asks Ice Cube if the sky looks redder to her, but Ice Cube denies.
Farther away from the house, Match questions why Waffle is outside. Waffle replies that he went on a walk to get some fresh air.
On level 53, the three are faced with an uncrossable wall. A message by Cary Huang appears behind the wall:
- " Hi people. I've been really busy lately, so I've only been able to create three levels. :( More levels coming soon. I will upload them as soon as I create them, so some could be out tommorow, or in a week. I'm really sorry!!! I hope we can all understand."
In BFDIA 5c Announcement, jacknjellify spoils the ending with simply "FreeSmart escapes Evil Leafy".
- Book (Main character in the game.)
- Match (First appearance in level 19.)
- Ice Cube (First appearance in level 42.)
- Pencil (Has not appeared yet.)
- Bubble (Has not appeared yet.)
- Ruby (Has not appeared yet.)
- The Weighted Companion Cube from the Portal series makes a cameo appearance in levels 8-10 as a box to be used as a kind of platform.
- The Clubhouse of Awesomeness, which appears in "Get in the Van", makes an appearance in "Landfill" as one of the stages in the trailer. However, The Clubhouse of Awesomeness didn't appear in the official release, for unknown reasons (most likely seizures).
- It is the first game to feature BFDIA characters and so far, the 8th game made by Michael and Cary Huang.
- In the trailer, Book had a rainbow-colored-background icon near the text when she talked, but in the official game, Book had a purple background.
- There are a total of 133 levels.
- Level 29 was originally named "Toss Toss", but it was renamed to "Don't Look Back".
- Level 32 was edited (originally, Match could not go to Lego Brick, and now she can go to him).
- There are letters in Evil Leafy. The first letters found are E, V, and I. They could spell Evil Leafy.
- Carykh said that to Tennis Ball on Youtube that he has ELER in the game. Cary said that he'll find out what it means later, stating that "he wouldn't like it." It possibly means Evil Leafy's Evil Rampage.
- The Easter Egg just happens to be the first time That Evil Leafy has opened her mouth, ever. (Not counting 5a, when her mouth was just a bunch of scribbles at the time when she ate some of the contestants.)
- The level 49 has the same name as the episode 1 of BFDI (season 1): "Take the Plunge".
- "So You Think You Can Escape Evil Leafy" is an unofficial video version of this episode.
- The "LEVEL CREATOR" and "EXPLORE" options on the home screen are blocked off with a sign stating "MARCH 4". Since March 4, 2014 has passed, it could mean March 4, 2015 or even later years.
- Book and Match can switch who is carrying who is carrying whom by picking the other up, then quickly pressing the space bar, Z button, and up button.