|“||I don't have a favorite number.||”|
— 8-Ball, numerous times
8-Ball is a contestant on Battle for BFDI.
He was one of the 30 recommended characters who had a chance to join the game during The Reveal and Reveal Novum. However, he failed to become a contestant, coincidentally getting only 8 votes and placing about 26th, along with Book. 8-Ball also had a chance to join Battle for Dream Island Again, but he failed again, placing 29th with only 154 votes and was tossed into the Locker of Losers. He had a chance to join IDFB, but he got 110 votes tying with Marker and Pie.  He competed in Battle for BFDI for A Better Name Than That until he was eliminated in "Questions Answered" with 4814 votes.
8-Ball appeared to be a #8 billiard ball, a ball used to play the table game Billiards (also called Pool). 8-Ball, along with Match, Dora, David, Teardrop, Blocky, Donut, Pen, Grassy, and Black Hole were the only eliminated contestants to not be (heavily) redesigned in IDFB.
- 8-Ball has legs but no arms.
- 8-Ball's 8 is toward the left.
- 8-Ball's 8 is toward the top.
- 8-Ball has a shine gradient toward the top.
- 8-Ball loses his legs.
- 8-Ball's body is a bit brighter.
- 8 Ball's asset is mirrored.
- 8-Ball moves by rolling.
8-Ball was usually more or less quiet, although he always wants everyone to know that he does not have a favorite number despite his name. He speaks with a bland, metallic, monotone voice, except when A Better Name Than That almost lost in Today's Very Special Episode because of him, he got emotional and almost started to cry when apologizing to Golf Ball. In Getting Teardrop to Talk, 8-Ball successfully managed the team after Golf Ball's death without being too controlling or bossy. 8-Ball's excellent leadership gives him the title of team captain in Lick Your Way to Freedom.
However, he became a contrarian to Golf Ball in later episodes. It was later revealed that he was joking and trying to add humor to his team the entire time. The other team members still obeyed him rather than Golf Ball, causing the team to almost lose twice. 8-Ball's attempts at humor show that he tries to lift the spirit of the team and boost morale, though he comes across as somewhat dim-witted at not seeing the negative effects of his sarcasm.
Battle for BFDI
In "Getting Teardrop to Talk", he is first seen talking to Gaty, asking him what his favorite number is. When Gaty replies with 3, 8-Ball says he doesn't have a favorite number. He joins , and helps recruit Golf Ball and Tennis Ball for the team. During the challenge, 8-Ball is used to bring the basket down to the ground according to Golf Ball's plan. He appoints himself as team leader after Blocky kills Golf Ball, and successfully helps the team get the basket to X.
In "Lick Your Way to Freedom", he bites a jawbreaker, opening it and revealing Golf Ball to be inside, making their team safe. The team known as appointed him as the new and current team leader, due to Golf Ball not treating Grassy with respect.
In "Why Would You Do This on a Swingset", 8-Ball takes advantage of his place as the team leader and orders his team to do the opposite of whatever Golf Ball says, beginning this spree of sarcasm, much to Golf Ball's dismay.
In "Today's Very Special Episode", 8-Ball once again does the opposite of what Golf Ball says about not loafing around until the timer is about to reach 0:00. After his team barely passed, 8-Ball suddenly drops his bland voice and apologizes to the team about how he didn't listen to Golf Ball's original command to go to work and nearly lost because of him. Golf Ball realizes that 8-Ball doesn't always have his bland, robotic voice and maybe a bad leader after all but her deduction was ignored by the rest of her team, except Robot Flower.
In "Four Goes Too Far", Basketball complains about Four being so destructive. She asks 8-Ball what to do about this, but he says Golf Ball has the answer. When Golf Ball tells to get on his rocket, 8-Ball jokingly commands the team to do the opposite, which causes Golf Ball to get somewhat upset.
In "The Liar Ball You Don't Want", while contestants from team throw instructions at Tennis Ball who is trying to control Remote to defend their goals in the challenge, 8-Ball informs them that they are doing their best.
In "Questions Answered", his team is up for this episode. 8-Ball and his team are still seen on the moon until Donut unites both the Earth and the Moon. In Cake at Stake, he got the most votes out of his entire team, placing him 58th. 8-Ball is then crushed to death by the moon, and his fumes are inhaled by Saw, which causes her to shout "eight!" at random times during the quiz show.
In "Enter the Exit", Four is recovered and Clock tells him which contestants had died. Four recovers them, 8-Ball included, but Clock then remembers he was eliminated so he gets sucked up by Four. After all the eliminated contestants who weren't yet sucked up get sucked up, 8-Ball notices a door. This leads to Eternal Algebra Class. When the first four eliminated contestants wonder why there is a talking jawbreaker, he informs them that it's Loser, however, he states that because he lied, they all hated him. Bracelety says she still doesn't hate him until 8-Ball says that Ice Cube hated him, changing her mind. Later Four announces to the class that one of the eliminated contestants would rejoin the show. Pencil says that she's been dying to get out of the class, followed by 8-Ball and Stapy also stating this, leading to Liy reminding them they just got there. During his audition to rejoin, 8-Ball says that he shouldn't be in math class because he already knows what the most important number is. He's about to say eight but is then interrupted by Four singing, causing him to say four. He then whispers to the viewers "times 2." However, Four hears this and attacks him.
In Get to the Top in 500 Steps, 8-Ball only received 998 votes to rejoin, keeping him in EXIT. When he asks Liy if she's sad she didn't rejoin, Liy points to the door in the back of the classroom and tells him she's found her next adventure.
|18||8 (to join)|
|1||154 (to join)|
- Reveal Novum: Gets crushed by the sun with the other recommended characters in the LOL.
- Yeah, Who? I Wanna Know: Crushed by the Announcer Crusher. (Imagined by Eraser)
- Questions Answered: Was crushed by the moon.
|Character||Number of times killed||Episodes|
|Four||1||Four Goes Too Far (Along with A Better Name Than That and Donut)|
- Running Gag: In Getting Teardrop to Talk, almost all of 8-Ball's lines start with "(Although) I don't have a favorite number." (Related To the BFDI joining audition)
- This has seemingly stopped in the later episodes of BFB. However, as of Today's Very Special Episode, it has shown up again while he was apologizing to Golf Ball for the same reasons below.
- In Questions Answered, these were his last words before getting crushed.
- However, in Enter the Exit, he tries to tell the viewers that 8 is the important number, which may suggest that he does have a favorite number.
- He is the only limbless character voiced by Cary Huang.
- 8-Ball is the only ball character whose name is separated with a dash.
- 8-Ball is the only character with a number in their name, aside from Four.
- In No More Snow!, he can be seen in the forest.
- 8-Ball is first out of all the Season 4 contestants when sorted in alphabetically.
- This is because he is the only contestant to have a number in their name.
- 8-Ball can chomp down on jawbreakers, as shown in Lick Your Way to Freedom.
- 8-Ball is the only recommended character who joined BFB not to get a redesign.
- 8-Ball moves by rolling around, and is the only character to do this, (aside from Pin when she didn't have limbs, and Yellow Face on a few occasions), due to being the only limbless character who can't fly.
- 8-Ball is the first contestant to rise against Golf Ball as the new team leader.
- 8-Ball is the new leader of A Better Name Than That, after replacing Golf Ball.
- Running Gag: When Golf Ball tries to give commands, he gives commands opposite of what Golf Ball said.
- 8-ball could possibly no longer be the team leader because he apologized to Golf Ball for him being sarcastic and humorous while leading the team.
- Coincidentally, he got 8 votes in Reveal Novum.
- He was also eliminated in Questions Answered, the eighth episode of BFB.
- When being crushed, he didn't explode into blue liquid, which might suggest that he's a billiard ball rather than a magic 8-ball.
- 8-Ball, along with Bell, Roboty, Puffball, Yellow Face, Black Hole, and Pin (limbless in BFDIA), are the only contestants without limbs.
- Despite not having a favorite number, 8-Ball says in Enter The EXIT that 8 is the most important number.
- In BFB 1, when 8-ball was launched by the trebuchet he has an old asset mouth, but it only appears briefly.
Click here to view the gallery.
- ↑ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13dUHjWwflvXt2cuW-oGNV29z6XK3KunzWfHPonZoX0M/edit#gid=1397548773
| BFDI contestants|
|A Better Name Than That|